Notice from GE Healthcare:
We want to ensure you saw the following notice that was communicated via email and posted to the Service Portal on November 21, 2014. Slides and the recording from the referenced webinar are available in the “View Past Webinars” section of the Centricity Practice Solution and Centricity EMR Service Portals. Sincerely, GE Healthcare
Patient Education Transition of Service
Dear Centricity Practice Solution and Centricity EMR customers:
We want to make you aware of an important change to the patient education material we support. As a reminder, the embedded ExitCare handouts we have historically supplied do NOT support your providers for Meaningful Use (MU) 2014. As a result, GE Healthcare has partnered with Truven to provide CareNotes patient education materials to all current Centricity Practice Solution (CPS) and Centricity EMR (CEMR) customers at no additional charge. Theses materials offer numerous benefits:
- Over 8,400 education documents, covering problems, medications, and allergies.
- Regular upgrades, maintenance, and support.
- All documents available in English and Spanish and some in significantly more languages.
- Support for MU Stage 2 Core Measure 13 (Patient-Specific Education) when accessed via the InfoButton from CPS 12 and CEMR 9.8.
For an additional cost you may also subscribe to provider referential information that supports MU Stage 2 Core Measure 6 (Clinical Decision Support) when accessed via the InfoButton.
- If you have upgraded to CPS 12 or CEMR 9.8: Follow the instructions in the InfoButton Statement and Survey letter sent in April to configure your system for access to patient education via the InfoButton.
- If you have NOT upgraded to CPS 12 or CEMR 9.8 – OR if you also want online access:You can still access the Truven patient education. Follow these Instructions for Online Access to Truven Patient Education to add a shortcut to your desktop. PLEASE NOTE: Online access will NOT count toward MU 2014.
To make this transition even easier, we will walk you through these instructions step by step in the following informational webinar.
Activating and Accessing Truven CareNotes Patient Education DATE: December 5, 2014 TIME: 10:30-11:00AM PST (1:30-2:00PM EST)
Should you wish to continue using ExitCare patient education after the embedded handouts expire, you may contract with Elsevier directly via email or by phone at 800-694-6669 ext 1, for other access options, such as online access, for an additional fee. PLEASE NOTE: Online access will NOT count toward MU 2014.
We expect the Truven CareNotes patient education content to satisfy a broader range of your patient education needs and more easily keep your educational materials current. If you have any questions about this transition, contact Centricity Suport Services at 1-888-436-8491.
Peter Kinhan, Vice President & General Manger, Ambulatory Practice Solutions, GE Healthcare IT